so I have this idea of the man that I want to be. I can see what he looks like, but it's still a little blurry. the question I have to ask myself is, "How do I get there?"
How do I get there? I don't really have an answer. I think the answer will come over time through seeing and "tasting" what is good, truly good. But my human nature doesn't desire what is good. So that is the issue. I (spirit) want what my own self (physical/nature) doesn't want. I know what is good, I desire it and want it. God has shown me what is good. I know I have to change in order to be up to the responsibility.
So God, give me grace to change the things I cannot do. Give me grace to become the man you want me to be. Take control of my heart so I may dwell on you more. Control my mind and thoughts that they may bring you glory. Lord take control of me. Thank you for how far You've brought me from my sinful ways, and I pray You draw me closer and closer with each day that passes. You know the plans that You have for me. Give me love for people whom I don't love right now. Forgive my pride and let me love them and forgive them for what they have or haven't done to me.
i love You
thanks Kevin, that's a very good prayer that i, and many people, should pray.
ReplyDeletei think of that sometimes.. i see who i should be.. and how close/far away from it i am. and i pray that God makes me into that woman.
i also pray that God makes you into the man he wants you to be :)
thanks kevin, guess i have to write one now ;)