Friday, March 27, 2009

My life as defined by Keith Urban (and sugarland)

As the title obviously describes, this is my life defined by Keith Urban songs. I'll bold lines that mean the most to me.

Kiss a Girl:
To kiss and tell
It's just not my style.
But the night is young,
And it's been a while.
And she broke my heart,
Broke it right in two.
And it's fixing time,
But I'm feeling like I'm finally ready to
Find, find somebody new.
I wanna kiss a girl,
I wanna hold her tight,
And maybe make a little magic in the moonlight.
Don't wanna go too far
Just to take it slow,
But I shouldn't be lonely in this big ol' world.
I wanna kiss a girl.

It's that moment when
You start closing in.
First you're holding back,
Then surrendering.
It can start a fire,
Light up the sky.
Such a simple thing,
Do you wanna try?
Are you ready to
Say goodbye
To all these blues?
I wanna kiss a girl,
I wanna hold her tight,
And maybe make a little magic in the moonlight.
Don't wanna go too far
Just to take it slow,
But I shouldn't be lonely in this big ol' world.
I wanna kiss a girl.

'Cause, baby, tonight
It could turn into the rest of our lives.
Oh yeah.
Are you ready?
(Are you ready?)
Are you ready
(Are you ready)
To cross that line?
Put your lips on mine.
Put your lips on mine, baby.

Do you wanna try?
Are you ready to
Say goodbye
To all these blues?

I wanna kiss a girl,
I wanna hold her tight,
And maybe make a little magic, baby.
Don't wanna go too far
Just to take it slow,
I don't want to be lonely,
I shouldn't be lonely.
I wanna kiss a girl,
I wanna hold her tight,
And maybe make a little magic in the moonlight.
Don't wanna go too far
Just to take it slow,
But I shouldn't be lonely in this big ol' world.
I wanna kiss a girl.

I said I wanna kiss a girl.
Whoa-ho whoa-ho
I wanna kiss a girl.
I wanna hold her tight,
I wanna make a little magic
Out under the moonlight.

Oooh I wanna kiss a girl.

=======================
I'm In :
Love doesn't come with a contract

You give me this I gave you that

It's scary business

Your heart and soul is on the line

Baby why else would I be standing round here so tongue-tied

Chorus:

If I knew what I was doing I'd be doing it right now

I would be the best damn poet

silver words out of my mouth

Well my words might not be magic

But they cut straight to the truth

So if you need a lover and a friend

Baby I'm in ... I'm in

Verse 2:

Baby come on in the water's fine

I'll be right here you take your time

Just let me hold you and we'll both take that leap of faith

It's like I told you there's no guarantees when you feel this way

Chorus:

If I knew what I was doing I'd be doing it right now

I would be the best damn poet

silver words out of my mouth

Well my words might not be magic

But they cut straight to the truth

So if you need a lover and a friend

Baby I'm in I'm in baby I'm in I'm in

Bridge:

Baby come here next to me I'll show you how good it can be

I'll breathe each breath you breathe I can pour out everything I am


Chorus:

If I knew what I was doing I'd be doing it right now

I would be the best damn poet silver words out of my mouth

Well my words might not be magic

But they cut straight to the truth

Now if you need a lover and a friend

Now if you need a lover and a friend

Baby I'm in I'm in baby I'm in I'm in


Baby come here next to me I'll show you how good it can be

I'll breathe each breath you breathe I can pour out everything I am

Baby come here next to me I'll show you how good it can be

Baby come here next to me I'll show you how good it can be

Baby come here baby come here baby come here


=================

Once in a Lifetime:
I can see it in your eyes and feel it in your touch
I know that you're scared but you've never been this loved
It's a long shot, baby, I know it's true,
But if anyone can make it, I'm betting on me and you
Just keep on moving in to me
I know you're going to see
The best is yet to come

Don’t fear it now; we're going all the way
Where the sun is shining on a brand new day
It's a long way down, and it's a leap of faith
But I’m never giving up, 'cause I know we got a once in a lifetime love

Everybody's looking for what we've found
Some wait their whole lives and it never comes around
So don’t hold back now,
Just let go of all you’ve ever known
And put your hand in mine

Don’t fear it now; we're going all the way
Where the sun is shining on a brand new day
It's a long way down, and it's a leap of faith
But I’m never giving up, 'cause I know we got a once in a lifetime love

I close my eyes and I see you standing right there
Saying “I do” and they’re throwing rice in our hair
Then the first one’s born, then a brother comes along and he’s got your smile
I’ll be looking back at the life we had still at your side

So don't fear it now; we're going all the way
Where the sun is shining on a brand new day
It's a long way down, and it's a leap of faith
But I’m never giving up, 'cause I know we got a once in a lifetime love

=====================

Got it Right This Time:
She believes in me like I've been tryin' to do
I'm seein' things I've never seen before
Ever since you came into my life I've been a better man

Run, Run, Run, I was running scared
Always lookin' for a place to leave
And I couldn't seem to find where I belonged
Until she took my hand


Chorus
We can make this work out Baby, I know it's true
I can't picture myself, with no one but you
And I think I got it right, this time


Oh Yeah

All of my life I've been lookin' for someone
Who believes in love the way I do

And I know I've make my share of big mistakes
But Girl I promise you

Chorus

True belivers always find each other
And here we are
Always knew that you were out there just waitin' on me
For me to find my way
Find my way to your heart

Oh Yeah

Chorus

After all the crazy days
I made it through
I can't picture myself with no one but you
And I think I got it right, this time
Oh Yeah


==================
Better Life:
Friday night and the moon is high,
I'm wide awake just watchin' you sleep
And I promise you you're gonna have,
More than just the things that you need
We ain't got much now, we're just starting out
But I know somehow paradise is coming.


Chorus :
Someday baby,
You and I are gonna be the ones, good luck's gonna shine
Someday baby,
You and I are gonna be the ones, so hold on, we're headed for a better life.


Oh now theres a place for you and me,
Where we can dream as big as the sky.
I know its hard to see it now,
But baby someday we're gonna fly,
This road we're on, you know it might be long,
But my faith is strong, its all that really matters.

Chorus:

So hold on, hold on, c'mon baby, hold on,
Yeah we're gonna have it all, and ooh

A better life now, oh ho, a better life
Hey we're gonna leave this all behind us baby, wait and see.
We're headed for a better life, you and me.
We're gonna break the chains that bind and, finally we'll be free.
We're gonna be the ones that have it all, you and me.
Just hold on tight now baby, woooh

=====================
You're my better half:
Car door slams, it's been a long day at work
I'm out on the freeway and I'm wondering if it's all worth
The price that I pay, sometimes it doesn't seem fair
I pull into the drive and you're standing there
And you look at me
And give me that come-here-baby smile
It's all gonna be alright
You take my hand
You pull me close and you hold me tight

(Chorus:)
It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half


They say behind every man is a good woman
But I think that's a lie
'Cause when it comes to you I'd rather have you by my side

You don't know how much I count you to help me
When I've given everything I got and I just feel like giving in
And you look at me
And give me that come-here-baby smile
It's all gonna be alright
You take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and you me tight

Chorus

Well, you take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and I understand

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe that we can make it through anything

Oh baby, it's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Oh, oh baby you're my better half
Ooh, hey baby you're my better half

=========================
I Could Fly:
Time stands still for no one
I know this is true
I've been stuck here waiting
Then along came you
And you gave me back
The love I had
The faith I'd lost
The life I knew

(Chorus:)
I wanna thank you for the love that you give me
And the sun that you put in my sky
You don't know how much you've lifted me up
But I feel so alive
That I could fly
I could fly, oh

There's no way I could've made it this far
Without you
You came to me just when I needed someone to believe
That I could make it through
And you gave me back
The love I had
The faith I'd lost
The life I knew

Chorus

Above the clouds
Fly so high, never come down
Just you and I, I'm so in love
With you, with you
And you gave me back
The love I had
The faith I'd lost
The life I knew

I wanna thank you for the love that you give me
And the sun that you put in my sky
You don't know how much you've lifted me up
But I feel so alive

Chorus

And I could fly, I could fly, oh
I wanna spread my wings
Let me tell you
Said I need your love, I need your love
Stay with me baby
Oh, I need your love, and I need your love
Stay with me baby
Oh, I need your love, I need your love
Stay with me baby
Yeah I need your love, and I need your love
Stay with me honey baby, c'mon now stay
C'mon now, yeah

You and me side by side walkin' through the woods in the pale moonlight
Oh yeah now and it feels so good

====================



lastly and probably mostly, this is how i feel about love. I'll bold the whole song because it's amazing.

Somebody Like You:
There's a new wind blowin' like I've never known.
I'm breathin' deeper than I've ever done.
And it sure feels good, to finally feel the way I do.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

An' I'm lettin' go of all my lonely yesterdays.
I've forgiven myself for the mistakes I've made.
Now there's just one thing, the only thing I wanna do.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

Yeah, I wanna feel the sunshine,
Shinin' down on me and you.
When you put your arms around me,
You let me know there's nothing in this world I can't do.

I used to run in circles goin' no-where fast.
I'd take one step forward and two steps back.
Couldn't walk a straight line even if I wanted to.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

Yeah, I wanna feel the sunshine,
Shinin' down on me and you.
When you put your arms around me,
Well, baby there ain't nothing in this world I can't do.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand,
But you're teachin' me to be a better man.
I don't want to take this life for granted like I used to do, no, no.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

I'm ready to love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

An' I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you, yeah.

Oh yeah.
Oh, I wanna be the man in the middle of the night,
Shinin' like it's true.
I wanna be the man that you run to whenever I call on you
When everything that loved someone finally found it's way
Wanna be a better man
I see it in you yeah...



____________________________________________________



now for Sugarland

Fall Into Me lyrics:

When the weight of the world bears
down so strong
You leave footprints on the street
And there’s too many miles to face
Without a few more hours sleep
The storm clouds overhead won’t
shed
Any rain to quench your thirst
I wanna be the one you reach for
first
When your faith is stretched so thin
That you can see straight through
your soul
And you can’t find a nickel to buy a
smile
‘Cause your pockets all got holes
You wanna shut the door and hide
Before the day can get much worse
I wanna be the one you reach for
first
Chorus:
Fall into me
My arms are open wide
And you don’t have to say a word
‘Cause I already see
That it’s hard and you’re scared
And you’re tired and it hurts
And I wanna be the one you reach
for first
I wanna be the bottle
You’ve been drinking with your eyes
Or the road you run away on
You’ve been running all your life
The third row pew
That you last knew as a child in
church
I wanna be the one you reach for
first
Repeat Chorus
Before you turn the key
Before you fall asleep
Before you drift away to fight those
demons waiting for you in your
dreams
Before your arms are stretched
wide open
Before you reach into the sky
Before you’re searching for direction
And all the answers to your why’s
Fall into me
Oh, my arms are stretched wide
open
You don’t have to say a word
Because I already see
That it’s hard and you’re scared
And you’re tired and I know it hurts
Yes, it’s hard and you’re scared
And you’re tired and it hurts
And I wanna be the one you reach
for first

=====================
Come on Get Higher:
I miss the sound of your voice
I miss the rush of your skin
I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in

If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what's next
Make you believe
Make you forget

[CHORUS:]
So come on get higher
Loosen my lips
Faith and desire
And the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love


[REPEAT CHORUS]

I miss the sound of your voice
The loudest thing in my head
And I ache to remember
All the violent, sweet, perfect words that you said

If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what's next
Make you believe
Make you forget

[REPEAT CHORUS TWICE]

I miss the sound of your voice
I taste the sparks on your tongue
I see angels and devils and God when you come on
Hold on...

Sing sha la la la
Sing sha la la la

[REPEAT CHORUS TWICE]

Because everything works love
Because everything works in your arms

No comments:

Post a Comment