Wednesday, March 4, 2009

God is cool

So I've been growing closer to God more than I ever have in my life. At the same time, satan is tempting me more and I've been struggling to focus on Jesus. I told my friend that it's like I am free in Christ, but I keep looking back to my past sin and it haunts me. So last night in somewhat desperation, I prayed "God, draw me closer to you so I can love you and experience you more. Speak to me through dreams so I can know your will for me."

No joke. I dreamed that God told me, "Kevin, you've not living the life I've called you to. You aren't living according to what I have for you according to the bible."

Crazy right??? That's not all.

So I was like "God you're cool. thanks. I love you." Then continued my day....so I crack open my bible and start on the next chapter I was scheduled to read: Philippians 3. This is what I found...

12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.


Now someone tell me that God isn't alive today....please.. haha because that was just AWESOME!!! So I am 100% devoted to never looking back...pressing onward towards the prize. I'm stoked and so excited. God loves me and cares about me enough to let me know what He wants me to do RIGHT NOW. So :)

2 comments:

  1. I love you & "you are a fine, fine boy" to quote your grandpa. I pray that everyday you are living 100% devoted to Him because that's when you'll live in His freedom. Don't look back as His plan for you is waiting to be revealed just ahead. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, this is awesome.
    i will NEVER tell you that' God's not alive today. this is some more evidence :)
    This is really exciting and encouraging. thanks for posting kevin :)

    ReplyDelete