Sunday, May 3, 2009

thoughts on spirituality

So this week, I have been continually reminded of the human disease. Sin is in our nature and we can't get away from it (until death, which I sometimes wish would come soon [in a non-suicidal way, but a "Heaven would be better than this place" way]). I get discouraged when I still sin. It is easy to forget that I'm human sometimes; that I will still sin, and always sin.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

I don't think I'm exempt from the "all" part. I wish I was. There have been many times when I feel so close to God, yet I know I'll never be FULLY close until I get to heaven. It's like I'm almost there, but not quite. God gives me enough to sustain me, but also holds back enough to make me want more. Either that, or he puts a desire in my heart for more. What keeps me wanting more I don't know, but I do know that I never want it to stop.

When I am reminded that I'm human, I am also reminded of God's steadfast love and faithfulness.

"But God demonstrates his own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

So yes, we are a miserably pitiful population, but God loves us in our weakness and ugliness. He loves us when we feel unlovable. Yes, we will continue to fail in life; at life; during life. But know that God doesn't keep count of how many times you fail. He doesn't keep a checklist of how many times He has forgiven you. He loves you just the same. At the end of the day, we're all broken people with an immovable, indestructible, and solid rock to lean upon.

---------------------

So I went on a Vespa ride to Tucson last week. It was so very fun! We were gone from 8am-5pm. We visited 2 wonderful mexican restaurants, and went to a coffee stand. Funny moment of the trip: at a stop light, I took out my Burts Beeswax to apply on my lips, and I smeared it all over my helmet. Oops. Forgetting to take off my helmet before putting of Beeswax fail.

1 comment:

  1. That was my favorite moment of the trip. I couldn't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete