Tuesday, February 17, 2009

trust

God why is trusting so hard?? ugh.
Lord increase my faith. Grow my love and hunger for you and your word. I want to go down the path that you've set for me. Lord give me discernment to walk where you want me to. I don't care about the hurt or suffering. You are the ONLY thing that matters to me, all else comes later. I want YOU. If pain, suffering, temptation, or anything else will bring me closer....then bring it on. I am not satisfied with where I'm at, I want more. Lord be my portion; the only one to satisfy me; the only one to fulfill me; the only one to change me. Work in me to make me the man you have called me to be. Reign over my heart, so it may love you more. Reign in my mind, that you may consume my thoughts and be present in my dreams.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You said all that follow You may find comfort and pain, blessings in hard times
Were I to leave, where else would I go?
The words of life and of truth You hold
All I want is love
I confess to this
I will take it, Lord, all You have to give
how great the love lavished on us all
that we can be the children of God

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of Earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give
And you give yourself away

All I want is love
And I confess to this
I will take it, Lord
All You have to give
All You have to give
All You have
All You have to give

Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
And Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tides

And I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of Your wings

Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky

2 comments:

  1. this is great kevin. i prayed that prayer for myself.. with you. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart, Kevin.

    Are you going to Mexico with us?

    love you, jamie

    ReplyDelete