Friday, February 20, 2009

Life, Love, and the Pursuit of....love?

I took a chance, I took a shot
And you may think I'm bullet-proof, but I'm not
You took a swing, I took it hard
And down here from the ground I see who you are

I'm sick and tired of your attitude
I'm feeling like I don't know you
You tell me that you love me and then cut me down
And I need you like a heartbeat
But you know you got a mean streak
That makes me run for cover when you're around
And here's to you and your temper
Yes I remember what you said last night
And I know that you see what you're doing to me
Tell me why

---------------------------------------

I am so blessed. I have a God who loves me even when it seems I don't love him back sometimes. He answers my prayers when I'm not being an ambassador of him. But that's why grace is so cool, right? God has been showing me a lot this past week and a half, or so.

Eph 1:7-10
I him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon is, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and on earth.

Eph 2:4-5
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ.

Eph 2:19
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.

Eph 4:31-32
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

These have just been encouraging me as of late, and I though I'd share them with you. I've had reason to be discouraged, mad, frustrated, and it has been a struggle to not give in to these. It's hard to feel this way when I have a God who loves me and killed his Son for me. There's really no way I could think those things. Forgiveness is something that I love to give.

“Every one says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive.” -C.S. Lewis

I am quick to forgive, because my God is quick to forgive me. Paul says "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us."

So I've lost my interest in continuing this post. I'll do more later possibly.

I love you guys. May God bless you and keep you.

2 comments:

  1. that's so cool how we are both reading in ephesians. awesome post. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete