Interesting question: If the person manifest to me was God the Father, then I'd probably hit the ground and hug it tight, not unlike what Isaiah did. To see an awesome, holy God in all his glory and majesty would be overwhelming, but if God manifest himself to me as Jesus then I would run and leap into His arms. I think God manifests his person in Jesus precisely because it is the only expression of His person that is approachable by us in our fallen, human form. He made Himself like us so that we could approach Him in some likeness of what we are. This is the essence of the incarnation.
#1. I don't think I would feel worthy to run up and hug Him. I mean, the King of kings, creator of the universe... and my Savior. I would fall on my face.
Interesting question: If the person manifest to me was God the Father, then I'd probably hit the ground and hug it tight, not unlike what Isaiah did. To see an awesome, holy God in all his glory and majesty would be overwhelming, but if God manifest himself to me as Jesus then I would run and leap into His arms. I think God manifests his person in Jesus precisely because it is the only expression of His person that is approachable by us in our fallen, human form. He made Himself like us so that we could approach Him in some likeness of what we are. This is the essence of the incarnation.
ReplyDelete#1 all THE way
ReplyDelete#1. I don't think I would feel worthy to run up and hug Him. I mean, the King of kings, creator of the universe... and my Savior. I would fall on my face.
ReplyDelete