Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Father's Love

I know I haven’t been here in a while; I’ve posted like once in the last 4 months. To be honest, I do miss writing though. It always seemed to provide some sort of stress relief or something. Anyways…

So I had this dream last night. I don’t remember it well because I kept snoozing this morning, but I remember enough of it.

I was at Hume Lake with sister and girlfriend. Sister was sitting on the dock talking with this young girl, and I was at the cabin nearby with girlfriend. We were talking, when suddenly a huge man walks into the room, bringing many little children. I wasn’t startled though, because I knew he wasn’t someone I had to be afraid of; the children weren't afraid of him either. When he began to speak, his voice was tender and loving. It was a voice that spoke directly to my heart of hearts. His voice brought tears to my eyes, and they were almost still there when I woke up. He spoke about love, specifically his love. The children he brought clung tightly to him, and he spoke tenderly to them as well. The children didn’t belong to anyone though; they were orphans, and he was now their father. I remember at one specific point, one girl held tightly on to his arm and said, “..it’s just so hard following you in this world.” He continued speaking love to each of us. It was pretty overwhelming to be honest. I remember waking up with my heart racing and tears welling up in my eyes. It’s a feeling that I don’t think I’ll ever forget.

“And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.” 1 John 2 and 3

May the Father's love meet you where you are, and overwhelm you.


No comments:

Post a Comment