So I know it’s been a while since I’ve been here. It kind of feels like coming back to a group of friends that I haven’t talked to in a long time. Not that people on here are my friends or anything…. but you get it.
So I haven’t written here mainly because I don’t feel like I have anything to say about anything. Until recently that is; I realized that I didn’t have anything to say, because I wasn’t really thinking or wrestling with anything.
I was in England last week for about 9 days. It was such an amazing experience, and I would do it again in a heartbeat (but somewhere different). I was bored after taking my boards, and not having a job I didn’t really have any commitments for the rest of the summer. I decided on Thursday afternoon that I wanted to, and flew out on Friday morning. I booked a sweet, and cheap, hotel that was on top of a pub in Notting Hill. I got to spend the week with some friends from Arizona, and friends that I officially met when I got there. One of the best parts of the trip was having Guinness everywhere! But I digress; the thing I realized while I was there is that 1) I wasn’t living an adventure anymore really, and 2) I had become spiritually complacent in my life.
Last summer I was living an incredible adventure. I was working an amazing job, going on 5000 mile long road trips, and awaiting the beginning of dental school. Last fall, I was pushing through school, and got this wonderful girl to like me. It seems like now, I’m in school, I have someone to live life with, and now I’m just sitting back waiting for time to pass. I realized last week that I don’t want that to be the case for my life. “I don’t want to survive, I want to live.” (from the captain on Wall-e)
I knew I had been spiritually complacent because I hadn’t really experienced or felt anything special or moving in my spiritual walk. I used to be that way, and I don’t want to go back to it. I had realized that I had been slacking in my own life, but also within the relationship I have with my girlfriend. Looking back, I can see how this has affected them both. I have decided to be intentional about growing both. I recall the intimacy I had with my Abba in my recent past, and I can see it has changed in the last few months. I don’t want that at all!
So yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking lately. I lost interest in writing after that last paragraph haha. Oh well, it’s more than I’ve written in the past 6 months or so.
I’m in California for the week! I’m so excited to be here. I’m at hume lake right now, my favorite place on earth. I probably won’t be blogging for a while, but we’ll see.
Take care. Peace.
Praying for ya bro! I know God hears your hearts desires and will act on them! He's just looking for that willing heart.
ReplyDelete