It’s been a while since I last wrote here. School has been kicking me in the pants this quarter, and this blog just isn’t the most important thing in my life.
I’m almost done with my last quarter of my first year of dental school! This school year has gone by so incredibly fast, it’s unbelievable. I’ve done everything from getting C’s, to getting 100%’s on a final. It’s basically hit-or-miss here but I love it nonetheless.
It has been a struggle for me to spend time with God and reading His word. I felt like I was really in tune with God in the fall quarter, but some time over the winter quarter I feel like I lost some of that. Going into this quarter I felt like God and myself were on different frequencies, and I didn’t like that. I felt like there was too much stuff going on in my life, and that I had to cut back somewhere.
I still don’t know where else I should back, but I started with stepping down as a small group leader at my college group. I liked leading a group at the beginning, but over time it became something that I just did. In my life, I don’t ever want to do things just because it’s there. I want to do things because I love them. I want to spend time with my family because I love them; I have joy when I’m with them. With small groups, it became almost a duty for me. I decided that I’d cut back there. I don’t know if it’s related, but already I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders. I didn’t feel like I had time to think about and answer the group questions because I was already doing most of the talking anyways. So I’m done with that, but still loving the group. I still take so much joy in being a part of those wonderful people.
I don’t know where this next paragraph is going to go, but I hope I can dump my feelings into it without being too confusing. I don’t know if I can even get my head around it without being confusing. Like I said earlier, I have felt somewhat out of tune with God. I hadn’t been able to figure out why, so I’ve been spending more time reading His word and praying. Like time and time again, He is always there for me… reminding me who He is and how He loves me. I had lost my joy for a while, and I was obeying God because I know that’s what he wants from me. It’s a struggle to keep me from thinking that way, and to focus my mind on thinking God’s way. Again, I realized that God wants to love me, and He wants me to love him in return. Obedience born out of love is what I had been missing.
So yeah. Life is cool right now. I have my boards coming up on June 11th, then officer basic leadership course until July 26th. After that, I’m going to probably go on a road trip or something. I guess I should pay attention to class, but I just wanted yall to know that I’m doing well J I hope you are too.

No comments:
Post a Comment