I know my last blog talked about silence and all...knowing God's there even if you can't hear him,
but this feels different now. I feel dry, like my soul is parched. I feel like I'm in a desert or something; like a white room with nothing inside except for me..like I'm having to deal with only myself.
It feels lonely.
I don't quite know what to think of it. I haven't felt like blogging about anything in a while. I just realized that I didn't blog anything in February. One of the best months of my life, and I didn't feel like writing about anything. Now I'm finishing up spring break, and I feel like I didn't get any rest the whole time. Not the sleep-kind of rest, but the soul kind.
This is weird though. I thought it was just a phase I was going through, but after talking with some friends I realized that there are a good number of people experiencing the same thing. I read my friend's blog, and it made me realize I wasn't alone. Also talking with a long time friend this week, he shared that he's been dry for a long time now, and can't figure out anything to change it. I guess we can all be together in our loneliness.
I'm not questioning my faith or anything...I'm just trying to figure out how to handle this. Maybe I'm not supposed to handle it. Maybe I'm supposed to just pain through it. I don't feel like I have the energy to do anything about it either...
I don't know.


Sounds like a spiritual battle bro :/ I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of Psalm 87, a sermon our college pastor gave on it, and a painting I've been working on in response.
ReplyDelete